_Splash_
No. This is not about a swimming gimik I've attended. This is not a happy blog either.
My cat Splash died last night. She was attacked AGAIN by the same pitbull. She died on the spot. Her remains were thrown into a canal by the pitbull owner... and LD just watched.
What is more painful? My cat dying or people not caring if she died?
(Steve and Splash: Steve was still recovering from surgery and Splash visited)
I nursed my cat even when she was a little kitten. I gave her and her siblings milk thrice a day. Their mother was killed by, yes, the very same pitbull that killed Splash and attacked Steve twice.
As a pet owner myself, I make sure my pets don't harm others. Its a responsibility.
Unfortunately, not everyone feels the same.
And as the song "Take a Picture" by Filter plays in my background I remember the little cat that jumped into my feet every morning and purred while she gingerly lay in bed.
Splash, I know wherever you are, God keeps you safe and loved.
I'll miss you.

